Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Vaca is here!

So to be honest it was really here last Thursday, but today feels like the real first day.  Thursday through Sunday were packed full with birthdays (Joel and Jesus!), presents, family and food.  Today was clean up and put away day.  We picked up our trashed living room, organized news toys and are ready for vacation fun.  First up, shopping!  Yes we have some returns to make and gift cards to spend. 

Tomorrow Scott and I are going on the annual trip to Springfield to hang out with a bunch of teenagers.  More than likely there will be greasy food, loud music, lots of laughter and love for God.  Awesome!!  Can't wait.  Then back home on Wednesday to more hanging out with kids and playing with new toys.

Our new toy is a blu-ray player.  It is AMAZING!!!  Not only is the picture awesome (we are now using our HDtv to its capability), but I can stream Pandora on it.  I love being able to hear it through out the main floor while I am cleaning.  LOVE IT!!  I got lots of yarn for crocheting and have already organized it and put it away.  My talented sister-in-law made me a holder for my crochet hooks.  I thought she bought it.  It is so cool.  I will post pictures at a later date.  Got new dishes from my in-laws that I love.  They are square.  So cool!  My sister-in-law made a comment about it being like a second wedding shower.  Actually, I never had a wedding shower, so it is about time!  :)

I love Christmas.  I get so excited about giving gifts and getting gifts; about decorating and traditions.  This year for some reason I wasn't quite as excited leading up to Christmas, but the celebrations were as fun as they always are.  I love getting to hang out with our family.  It was so fun to watch our neice Lena (almost 3!) playing with not only my girls, but with Joel too.  (He is so awesome! He played tea party with her!  Didn't I tell you he was a great guy.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment