Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Attention Retail Shoppers!

After working in a busy retail store for the holiday season, I have encountered things I would never have believed.  I have walked out of fitting rooms shaking my head and laughed at customers (behind their backs of course!) over insane expectations in clothing.  So for the past few days I have been writing this blog in my head.  Hope you enjoy

Things your mother should have taught you about shopping....
*The clothes aren't yours until you have paid for them and left the store.  With this in mind, don't take your pants off inside out and leave them in a heap on the floor.
*If you really are that lazy, don't hang the clothes on the rack you pass as you leave the fitting room.  It is fine.  However, hang the clothes back on their hanger.
*If you decide that you no longer want to purchace something in your hands/cart, please give it to a worker.  Don't just drape it or hang it over any rack you see.
*Please be respectful of closing times.  We like to go home.  On time.  This is work for me, not a fun shopping excursion.
*Teenagers---Don't be idiots.
*Parents of Teenagers---Don't let your children be idiots.

I am sure there are plenty more.  Feel free to add your own in the comment section if you work in, or have ever worked in retail.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment