Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

It is 2011.  That is amazing to me.  Amazing and scary.  This year, like every year, I will have a birthday.  However this year I will not just change one of my numbers, but both of them.

AHHHHHH!!!!

I will be 30 this year.  I don't believe it.  I can't.  I refuse to believe it.  I don't feel 30.  Frankly, I don't feel 29 either.  I feel....like a 25 year old with 4 years experience.  That's about right.  Certainly not almost 30.

Anyhoo...I totally got sidetracked there.  2011 is 5 days old and is not too shabby.  No one has died and no one has cancer.  YIPPEE!! Those are amazing milestones since the last 2 years have been full of those things.  As a matter of fact 2011 started out making one of my cousins a grandpa.  Yup.  My cousin's daughter had a sweet little boy on 1-1-11.  She missed having the first baby, but I do believe he was the second in their area.  So cool.

It has started to hit me that by the end of this year all of my babies will be in school.  I can't tell you what kind of emotions this throws at me.  I am excited because Zaia wants to go to school.  She is excited about everything about it.  Especially the part where she gets to ride the bus with Rhianna.  They were talking about it a month or so ago and started hugging each other and jumping around the living room chanting "Yea! Yea! Yea!"  It was super cute.  I am sad because they are all growing up.  Not only will my "baby" start kindergarten, but my "BABY" will start middle school!  That is alot for an emotional mom to handle.  Then I think about this....I have been a stay at home mom (for the most part) for ELEVEN YEARS.  That is right my friends.  For the past eleven years I have had at least one child home with me.  My entire adult life I have been a mom all day every day.  Starting this fall, I will sent all 3 of my children off to school and I will have 8 hours of no kids.   *insert jaw drop here*  What does one do with time to themselves?  Clean? Bah humbug. Craft? Now we are talking!!  Maybe this all kids in school may be a good thing....   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment