Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Neglected...

I feel as if I have been neglecting my blog.  It has been a week since I last wrote which isn't super bad so I won't feel too guilty.  It's not like one person I know, who will remaine Scott-less...I mean nameless....:)

I have been cleaning this morning.  Ugh.  However, when I clean (and by "clean" I mean do dishes and laundry) I am in my own brain and come up with lots of different ideas.  Whether it is something to blog or just an amazing product that I could manufacture and produce to become a millionaire.  I bet if I had any "umpf" at all I could be an amazing businesswoman by now.  However...all the "umpf" I can muster just gets the dishes and laundry done.  And that isn't even daily!  :)

So anyway...One of my dishes thoughts today was about Fly Lady.  Have any of you heard of her or used it?  If not here she is.  I have attempted numerous times to Fly with the Fly Lady.  I even have a folder in my inbox dedicated to my Flymails.  I just can't stick with it.  It gets overwhelming for me.  Probably because I get distracted.  Like if they are just doing surface cleaning (pitching papers, putting items in their homes, etc) I get into deep clean.  Then instead of getting a room done, I have a corner of the room perfectly clean, but the other 3/4ths of the room is a disaster because I just moved this junk to that table!  Grrr. 

So I thought that maybe I should just take some of the info that I have learned from Fly Lady and instead of trying to Fly with her, I should just Army Crawl with myself.  Or with you...if you want and have this problem.  So today as of 11:00am Central Standard time, I have 2 clean kitchen sinks, a load of dishes running, and a load of laundry in the wash.  I also have taken 1 bag of garbage to the front door and put a new bag in the can.  (This is especially important.  I ALWAYS leave the garbage for my husband.  That's his job right? But I also keep putting garbage on top when there is no room and then it falls out and makes a mess on the floor then the dog gets into it and makes a bigger mess not to mention the gas that dog gets from eating garbage....See? Important.)  I have plans to pick up the living room as well.  But I think that is all I will plan to get accomplished.  That way I can do more, but if I don't I make myself feel guilty.  Oh I want to keep Fly Lady's sink thing in my Army Crawl.  I do believe it is helpful.

2 comments:

  1. my Scott totally has garabage as his chore. I will not take it out (it also involves going into the alley behind our apt). He's also in charge of the bathroom and dishes...
    I have laundry, sweeping, etc:(
    We don't have a washer/dryer in our apt, so my chore takes a lot more time/work...boo:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of your crawling sweetie. And thank you for taking out the garbage bag, I will take it to the trash can when I get home tonight. Love you honey!!

    ReplyDelete