Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Starting Today...

Starting today I am going to be intentional in life.  I am going to intentionally learn and think and share. 

Starting today I am going to intentionally learn something new everyday.  Whether it is something profound and hard or something light and breezy, I am going to learn daily.

Starting today I am going to intentionally think about things.  Things I learn, things I see, things I hear.  I am going to think them over and just ponder.

Starting today I am going to share.  I am going to share with people who read this, or people who I have conversations with, or perhaps, just myself.

Starting today I am going to intentionally live. 

I found this today....
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
Romans 13:1 (NIV)

This is obviously relevant since yesterday was the 2010 midterm elections.  Personally, I am neither Democrat or Republican.  If I was to classify myself, I would say I am pretty all over.  I am a God fearing moral mother and wife living a middle class life.  I believe that, generally speaking, people are good and want the best for not just themselves, but all those around them. 

This verse is helpful to me today since what is bothering me the most about yesterday's election was the outcome of my own school's district vote.  The .35% tax increase was turned down.  This saddens me because if we can't give to our neighborhood schools to make our future's education better, what are we doing?  However, I have learned over the last couple of years that God's plan is far superior to mine.  I trust that "The authorities that exist have been established by God," and that He will provide for our future and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment