Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Procrastination!!

I shouldn't be doing this.  I have a list as long as my house of things to do.  So I shouldn't be doing this, but I am a procrastinator.  I have always been and probably will always be a procrastinator.  It causes me stress, yet I don't learn. 

I volunteered to host Thanksgiving dinner at our house.  My mom has always done it for as long as I can remember and she is always stressing herself out over it.  I thought it would be nice to let her not fret this year.  If you are unaware, our lives over the last 2 years have been cram packed with tragedy.  First my father's leukemia diagnosis and his death 9 months later.  Then my mother's breast cancer diagnosis along with her own mother's mastectomy.  Shortly after my father's mother's brain tumor and cancer diagnosis her her death 6 months later.  Cram packed with tragedy.  Now my mother is doing really well and has a clean bill of health as is her mother.  (Who is 92 might I add.)  But the less stress on her the better.  Boy did I forget who my mother was!

I love my mom to pieces.  She has remained unbelievably strong through the above heartbreak and still keeps going.  However, she does like to be the mother.  I offered to plan and host Thanksgiving and she was completely fine with it.  "I don't have a problem with you doing it.  Then I don't have to," she said.  I think she has fretting over the logistics WAY more than I.  But that is who she is.  She is a planner and a worrier and THE mother.  I, however, took after my father in the "Eh.  It'll get done," way. 

So although I have a kitchen and bathroom to clean, a list of groceries to buy along with regular daily household duties to attend to....I am procrastinating.  And I am ok with it....until tomorrow.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You have a blog too!

    Good luck with Thanksgiving.. I'm hosting for my family too.

    ReplyDelete