Sunday, August 28, 2011

All by myself...and it's nice.

So I am alone this weekend and it has been oddly nice.

I went to a movie by myself.   And this may not be a "thang" for anyone, but I am 30 years old and have never done that.  Not ever really considered it an option.  Like why would I want to go sit in a theatre by myself and watch a movie? 

But it was WONDERFUL!  Like, why have I never done this before!?  Oh yeah...I know why.  Because by the time I was old enough to take myself to a movie, I had this boy who I needed to spend every waking moment with.  And then I had these little people all around my feet and the authorities frown upon leaving little people alone to fend for themselves. 

Then I went and hung out with a few of the most awesome teenagers alive.  This is always fun.  ("I'm putting my soul in a worm.")  Then some more fun that included ice cream and french fries.  Obvious fun...  Then a wonderous chat until 1:30 am with an amazing and wise friend.

So all in all, good times to be had by all by ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment