Monday, February 7, 2011

Slumber Partay!

I may be "almost 30" as my daughter keeps reminding me, but I can still love slumber parties can't I?  I say yes.  YES!  Who put an age on loving and having slumber parties?  Not me that is for sure because I am having one.  Yup, a good old fashioned slumber party.  I am having it for the youth girls at church and I am SO excited!!  But a little concerned too....Currently I have at least 9 who are coming.  I have a feeling there could be more.  I have space in my house, but we might have to love each other.  Alot.  :) 

But that is ok because we are girls.  I am excited about chocolate and food and movies (which I will discuss further down) and talking and giggling and french braids!  I needed a sister growing up.  My mother will tell you otherwise (because she says "I could have only had one of you"; Balk...I wasn't that bad!) but I think I did.  I love girly things and although I don't take the time to be girly daily, I love doing it.  I love that I have TWO girls who love to be girly and I can play with them.  :) Besides that is why we have children right?  To play with them?  And so we don't have to get off the sofa to get a soda. 

So yes, chocolate, because how could you have more than two girls in the same place and not have chocolate?  And chips, because where there is chocolate, there must be salt.  And talking....I LOVE girl talk.  There is nothing like it.  I have attempted this with boys...well, Scott, and it just doesn't work.  He doesn't get it because he is a BOY!  Giggling!!  This is the BEST!!  Have you ever just started laughing over nothing?  And then couldn't stop?  And you NEED to stop because you are going to pee your pants?  Or your spleen is going to explode?  Then you calm down and wipe away the cry tears and then it starts all over again?!  The BEST!!! 

And movies....I love movies.  I love chick flicks and dance flicks and oh my gosh did we use all the kleenex? flicks.  But I do have to take some adult responsibility.  (Oh how I hate to have to take adult responsibility. Humpf.) These girls will range in age from 12 to...well...29.  What can I show and what can't I show?  I certainly am not going to pop in a movie that drops the f-bomb or has a lusty sex scene, but how much is too much?  Does it need to be rated G or PG?  Ugh...

I am sure it will work out.  And I will have an AmAzInG slumber partay!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo! Have fun! About a week ago my best friend spent the night and we watched movies and ate crap and had girl talk. You're never too old for that!

    ReplyDelete