Friday, September 23, 2011

Prayer and Hope

Those are the things I am holding onto these past few days.  Or I guess past couple of weeks.  I won't go into nasty details, because you all know that is not healthy. I will say that I know God has a plan.  He has plans even when we screw up His plans.  And then He has backup plans for the backup plan that we screwed up last week!  So, I know God will overcome.  So in the meantime I pray.  I pray like I have never prayed before. 

Which is always so sad.  Praying like I have never prayed before because my family and my marriage is falling apart at my feet. Why didn't I pray when things were just hairy?  Why didn't I pray when things were good?  Why didn't I pray before?  However, those thoughts aren't healthy and I need to take what I have right now and run with it.

So I am holding onto Prayer.  And my God who does miraculous things.  (Have you READ the Bible?  Seriously miraculous things.)

And Hope...Hope for a better tomorrow.  Hope for a better today.  Hope for smidges of movement in the direction of family.  Smidges of movement in the direction of restoration.  What those may look like only God knows.  But I have HOPE in HIM and I know that whatever the outcome, He will provide.

I just have to keep reminding myself of these things.  At all times.....





1 comment:

  1. Something someone told me really stuck with me... a lady from my last Bible study group was widowed after 27 years with the love of her life. Ten years later she met a man and married him (he was actually a widower). She said that her second husband wasn't Plan B, or C, but it was always God's Plan A. I know in this time of frustration, heartbreak and uncertainty, God has Plan A for you. He has gone before you in this situation and knows all things!

    ReplyDelete