Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 2

Zaia is doing better today.  She has walked to the bathroom and back to bed.  She ate some of her breakfast.  She has had a pain in her right side, quite severe at times, but they just took her chest tube and pacing wires out so I think that pain will go away.  Currently she is quietly watching Spongebob.  Mom thinks she should nap, but she'll take resting too.  ;)

The goals for today is to walk the halls and make it to the activity room.  There is a 2 year old girl next door who had the same surgery and Zaia is dying to play with her.  Maybe that will work out later.  The docs mentioned the "home" word, however I think I will wait until we are packing bags and signing papers to believe it.

I am a little overwhelmed at the thought of taking her home.  Of course I want her there and not here, but I want to make certain she is well enough to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment