Saturday, April 15, 2017

I might die, but I might just live

Exercise has NEVER been something I enjoyed. Dieting is not fun because, well, have you EATEN food?! But I'm not at a healthy weight. And extra weight is not good on your body. I can feel this in my back and legs. And I really need to be healthy not only for me, but for my kids who depend on me.

So when a couple of co-workers decided to join Farrell's Totalbody Fitness a couple months ago, I decided to do the program with them. Farrell's is kickboxing and strength training program. It is pretty intense and just reading about it is a little intimidating. It is 6 days a week for 45 minutes a day! But we anxiously counted down the days and as Orientation Day approached. I was terrified.

There were tons of people there and we did a few different tests. Sit and Reach, 1 minute situps, 1 minute pushups, Step Test and a 1 mile run. We also weighed in, checked our body fat and were measured. Not going to lie, it was not only tough, but eye opening at just how much I am out of shape. It was hard but the one thing I noticed off the bat was HOW NICE EVERYONE IS!

Everyone is so motivating and everyone has a story to tell. They have all been in my first timer shoes. They remember what deciding to make that change feels like and are so encouraging.

I have officially made it 1 week. I have woken up at 4am for 6 days in a row and have gone and worked it. To be honest, day 6 (today) was so hard mentally. I REALLY wanted to say "one day is ok to miss." But that is the old me talking and the new me, who is still forming, pushed through and went.

I am sore. I am tired. But I'm not complaining. This is just the beginning.

Change is a'coming folks, and the change will be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment